Contentworker by Formpipe was recently selected by Raeder, one of the most respected midsized commercial law firms in Norway, to help the company better manage its millions of documents and as part of a business-wide digital transformation project.
The selection criteria included a number of common DMS specifications, including:
- The new platform needed to be simple in appearance, yet sophisticated in its functionality.
- The new DMS needed to provide clients with a shared, secure, and permissions-based, online portal to work in partnership with the firm’s lawyers.
- Microsoft Integration. The new DMS needed to slot into the firm’s Microsoft eco-system (365).
“The chosen DMS would also need to be hosted in the cloud – or as Raeder’s CFO explained it: ‘incorporate the Netflix approach to DMS’.”
However, a less common specification on Raeder’s selection criteria was that the chosen DMS would also need to be hosted in the cloud – or as Raeder’s Chief Financial Officer, Trine Bagstevold explained it: ‘incorporate the Netflix approach to DMS’.
But what are the benefits of having your DMS hosted in a private cloud environment, opposed to on-premise? Here are a few:
- Fast implementation. There’s no hardware to install on site and minimal configuration is required. In most cases, access to superior document management functionality is available in a matter of days.
- Immediate access to new version releases. With a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription, updates and upgrades are automatic and usually included within the monthly fee. No unexpected costs and access to the latest innovations on tap.
- Secure document storage in European data centres.
Keen to find out more about Raeder’s journey towards better, cloud-based document management? Read the full case study here.